We’ve released new clients (v 6.20). For those running GPU clients (or other clients with an expiration deadline of August 2), please check these clients out.
* Service installation in Vista with the GPU client doesn’t work (noted in FAQ-NVIDIA and FAQ-ATI2)
If you’re updating a service from a pre 6.20 client, you need to remove
the old service first. (Currently being edited into relevant FAQs)
Here’s what’s new in the 6.20 client:
* Added Forums to systray menu.
* Support cpu affinity by default, this is related to an nVidia problem and awaits core-side changes.
* Add additional parameters field in advanced preferences – no more shortcut editing!!!
* UNSTABLE_MACHINE count reset after a correctly finished WU, for long-running systems
* Open configuration dialog box when invalid settings detected
* Fixed core launch directory which caused auto-upgrades to fail if core was present in “Program Files”
* Added additional advanced config options to console clients
* Added MachineID selector in systray gui
* Client shows PRCG on results upload
* Passkey now validated for hex content
* Moved service installation to advanced config to prevent inadvertant use
* Log date and time when automatically attempting to upload results.
* Correctly restore system tray icon when shell (explorer.exe) crashes
* Significantly improved queueinfo
* Multiple copies of the client can no longer be started with the same “start in” dir
* Automatically increase packet limit to max size for results that are too large
* Failed uploads will be attempted again using alternative upload port (8080->80 and 80->8080)
* Removed spurious “benchmarking…” messages
* Added extra_parms support to console clients
* Extra parameters are validated at configuration and launch time. Invalid settings will force reconfiguration
* Fixed and updated service installation to allow use of working directories
* Added ATI FireStream 9170 detection
* Compressed Vista icon to reduce size of executable (saves ~ 200kb)
* Updated MyFolding.html to match foldingathome.org style